About This Lesson
Swimming Lessons For Toddlers
Why toddler swimming lessons?
Formal toddler swimming lessons and learning how to swim at the toddler’s or preschooler stage play a huge role in the child’s future development. There are numerous benefits to have toddlers take up swimming lessons even though children under the age of 3 will not usually learn to swim competitive strokes like front crawl or breast stroke at this stage.
Swimming lessons at this stage are usually used for
- Building better awareness
- Staying healthy in the long term
- Increasing and develop social skills
- Brain development
- Building precious memories that will last a lifetime for the toddlers and preschoolers
Why choose us : swimming lessons for toddlers in Singapore?
Friendly Dolphin Swim School offers private swimming lessons for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers to learn how to swim and develop their confidence in the water. In addition to the Friendly Dolphin Learn-to-Swim program, we also provide private swim instructions of the Lifesaving Society swimming programs.
All of our private swimming lessons for babies, toddler, & preschoolers are taught by Friendly Dolphin certified and insured swim instructors in the comfort of your own pool. Private swim lessons allow for a customized lesson plan that is catered to your infant or preschooler’s individual needs. For first time participants, your Friendly Dolphin private swim instructor will conduct an assessment during the first lesson. Each student receives a report card and an award to commemorate the completion of each level.
At Friendly Dolphin Swim School, we’ve designed a learn-to-swim program for private swim lessons for ages 3 months to 5 years of age. Below is information about our private baby swimming lessons, private swimming lessons for toddlers, and private preschool swimming lessons, followed by a list of swim skills learned in each level.
Benefits of taking swimming lessons for toddler at this stage
1. Swimming provides confidence booster
Swimming builds confidence through the simple achievement and skills acquired. This helps to foster the self-esteem in them. There are always something to learn for every swimming sessions and when you build on something which has been taught from the previous lessons, this will make them think that they are capable of doing anything and everything.
2. Water awareness
Toddlers can begin the swimming regimens at this stage. We are born cushioned inside a fluid-filled water bag in mother’s womb during pregnancy. So naturally children love water, teaching them how to swim in it and giving them swimming lessons can give them memories they can hold on for a lifetime. Swimming skills is like riding a bicycle, best learned while we are still young. We will never forget it at this optimum skills retention stage.
3. Swimming works wonder to a child's brain
Swimming create a complex and diverse experiences and directs a child higher level brain development. It improves memory, learning and reasoning establishment. The exertion in the water cause the blood flow to flow more vigorously boosting cognitive functions and alleviate any depressive symptoms.
- The boost blood flow to the brain when we are submerged in water will lead to better cognitive functions
- Our moods will be boosted during swimming lessons stimulating brain chemicals
- Better memory retention with new neurons being promoted to hippocampus during swimming sessions
- Gross and enhancement to motor visual skills which in turn accelerate easy learning in the future
4. Swimming keeps you healthy
Swimming is one of the best exercise as it give your body a full workout with less chances of getting any injuries. Swimming skills can be taken anywhere in the world. This swimming skill acquired will help everyone become easier to keep in shape.
5. Social Skills
Swimming alongside with your toddler is the best bonding and social experiences to establish with your children. It provides you with not outside distractions and a quality social sessions that kids will crave.
Swimming serves as a wonderful aid to the development of the social skills and behaviors of the child. Infant, toddler and pre-school swim classes provide the child with an early introduction to learning to follow instructions, and to the concepts of sharing, turn-taking and structured learning.
6. Achievable goals for toddler swimming lessons
- Basic swimming efficiency
- Basic water confidence
- Sculling and advanced buoyancy and propulsion
- Basic applications of swimming techniques and skills
- Preparations to swimming certifications
- Out of water and in water safety procedures
Become swimsafer certified today!
Swimsafer Certificates are awarded after graduating from the swimming classes for kids.
- Registration fees of $25 per assessment apply
- Assessment done in all 25 public swimming pools in Singapore
- Swimsafer 2.0
- Endorsed under Sports Singapore
- Ministry Of Education
- Assessment done in all 25 public swimming pools
- Private swimming lessons for toddlers in condominiums and clubhouses.
Our fees and charges
- All new students are required to pay their fees via the following modes: Internet e-Payment (eNets Debit, Bank Transfer, Paynow, Paylah, eNets Credit) – available unless specified otherwise during enrolment
- Strictly no cash payment
- All students have to make payment before every four lessons upon successful registrations.
- School fees and deductions will be informed by the school coordinator 3 to 7 days before every due payment