About This Lesson
Frequently Asked Questions
- There is no make up lesson for absenteeism.
- Land drills will be conducted in the event of bad weather.
- Swimsafer assessment is not inclusive (optional)
Swimming Lessons For Kids
Learn how to swim with friendly dolphin swim school swim programs - kids swimming lessons
At Friendly Dolphin Swim School, we’ve designed our learn-to-swim program that challenges each student to reach his or her full potential. Our swimming lessons for kids covers the full range of learn-to-swim and water safety skills as well as other skills and techniques not covered in other swim programs including dolphin kicks, breaststrokes and flip turns.
Our swim program is suitable whether your child’s goals involve:
- developing basic swim skills
- pursuing swim team
- correcting strokes and swim instructing
- life guarding in the future
- swim coaching in the future
- swim safer certifications
For first time participants, your Friendly Dolphin private swim instructor will conduct an assessment during the first swimming lesson to determine the child’s current swim level. To commemorate the completion of each Friendly Dolphin Kids swim level, each student receives a report card and is awarded a Friendly Dolphin Swim School medal for every achievement.
Why should all kids learn to swim?
1. Private swimming lessons for kids - Swimming is an essential life skill
Every parent wants a better future for their kids. Investing in academic and physical knowledge education is a double win situation in planning the future of kids. Be it the time, effort and money or combination of all of them will be repaid in proportion to the usefulness of the knowledge and skills gained. Investing in skills which there is little use will take longer to repay than a selected skills in great demand.
Swimming skills is an essential skills which will only grow in demand in future, a crucial investment which will pay your kids with interest in the future.
This means you not only get back the money you invested in for swimming lessons. They will be earned back in interest with these valuable knowledge and skills gained through private swimming lessons for kids.
2. Improve academic performance
Swimming skills help kids to perform better academically. Studies have found that children who took part in organized sports and frequent physical activities were one and a half times more likely to reach higher than expected grades in all their subjects.
Swimming lessons give students a chance to experience success in sports and therefore increase the pupils’ confidence and self-esteem along the way.
3. Swimming lessons for kids : balance in life
- Encourage balance in life from stressful academic performance.
- Spending time with friends and family
- Improve social skills
- Stress management listening to music during swimming lesson
- Having fun
- Enjoying life
- Developing important physical skills
- Learn to appreciate small things in life
- Create happiness.
4. Improvement in overall life and living quality
- Safety – Safety does not happen from accident
- Exercise – For better health
- Life-Long Skills
- Fun – We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing
- Career Opportunity – Foresight, great future will come if we plan it earlier, many years in advance
- Social Opportunity
- Virtues Development – Be in general virtuous, and you will be happy
- Health is wealth
5. Achievable goals for beginners: swimming lessons for kids
Swimsafer Stage 1 - Beginner
- To develop confidence and independence in the water. Students will learn how to enter the water safely and how to be safe in deep water.
- General safety knowledge alongside learning how to move forward and backward in the water are taught as well.
- Personal survival skills and the ability to properly enter and exit the pool will be covered here.
Swimsafer Stage 2 - Intermediate
- Additional skills on how to get into the water and how to perform surface dive are covered.
- Sculling personal safety skills and awareness of where and what to react in different water situations will be introduced as well.
- Students will be taught how to swim continuously for 25 meters
- Build proficiency with practice
Swimsafer Stage 3 - Intermediate
- This stage students will be introduced to rescue skills alongside water survival skills
- Students will be taught to more enhance underwater sculling skills
- how to handle the personal flotation devices
- Students will be taught how to swim continuously for 50 metres
- Build proficiency with practice
6. Achievable goals for intermediates: swimming lessons for kids
Swimsafer Stage 4 - Bronze Advanced
- Students will learn how to handle stroke techniques and perform coordinated breathing in deep water. Children will learn how to be safe around water craft
- Better work with intermediate water survival and rescue skills.
- Students will be taught how to swim continuously for 100 metres
- Build proficiency with practice to achieve their goal.
Swimsafer Stage 5 - Silver Advanced
- Students will be exposed to proper diving techniques
- Safety measures checking before doing the dive.
- This essential stage will allow students to handle and execute all swimming strokes accurately
- Essential training so that student can get to the next stage
Swimsafer Stage 6 - Gold Advanced
- Students will be corrected on all strokes and techniques
- Strenuous practice to be able to swim for 400m continuously
- Students will also learn how to stay afloat with ease for long period of time
- Advanced life-saving rescue, standing dive and safety skills will be taught
Become swimsafer certified today!
Swim safer certifications
Swimsafer Certificates are awarded after graduating from the swimming classes for kids.
- Registration fees of $25 per assessment apply
- Assessment done in all 25 public swimming pools in Singapore
- Swimsafer 2.0
- Endorsed under Sports Singapore
- Ministry Of Education
- Assessment done in all 25 public swimming pools
- Private swimming lessons for kids in condominiums and clubhouses.
Our fees and registrations
- All new students are required to pay their fees via the following modes: Internet e-Payment (eNets Debit, Bank Transfer, Paynow, Paylah, eNets Credit) – available unless specified otherwise during enrolment
- Strictly no cash payment
- All students have to make payment before every four lessons upon successful registrations.
- School fees and deductions will be informed by the school coordinator 3 to 7 days before every due payment