The objective in swim safer stage 2 is to focus more on general skills and better independence. Swimsafer stage 2 will foster general skill development including step entry into water, sculling, feet first surface dives, personal water safety skills as well as water safety in aquatic environments.
Goals is to achieve 25 meters short lap of continuous swimming.
1.Front float (mushroom, jellyfish or star float) for 10 seconds.
2.Swim 5 meters on front, rollover.
3. Do a back star float for 10 seconds.
1.Search for and recover an object in chest deep water.
Swim 100m continuously:
1.Movement on front 25 meters (alternating arms and legs and/or simultaneous arms and legs)
2. Movement on back 15 meters (alternating arms and legs and/or simultaneous arms and legs)
Scull, float or tread water for 30 seconds
Dressed in swimwear, shorts, and t-shirt demonstratration:
1. Swim 15 meters using any survival stroke.
2. Swim to pool edge and climb out of the water independently
3. Put on appropriately size PFD and jump into the water (at least 1.4 meters deep), swim 25 meters with PFD (Personal Flotation Device) then climb out of the water
Principles of Personal Safety and Survival.
Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques.